It’s been one week. One week since this precious baby girl came into our family. One week since our hearts were changed forever. Praise be to God!
Here are some of the things I’ve learned this week:
- Daddies are important. Crazy, out of this world, important.
- Love at first sight is a real and true thing.
- Constipation can make everybody cry.
- Praying without ceasing is not only possible, it is, in fact, a necessity.
- Baby snores are A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.
- We are well-loved by amazing people who can accomplish great things, quite literally, overnight.
- My husband has no self-control when it comes to shopping in the baby department.
- The days with our children pass far to quickly. Already. Far too quickly.
- Showers, getting dressed, and cleaning house are all overrated. Brushing your teeth is not.
- Googling “baby poop” is something people do. Some people. Apparently.
- Our little one does not like being naked. At all. Ever.
- Every day is grace.
“I will give thanks to You, for [this tiny one is] fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.” – Psalm 193:14 paraphrased